Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Terrific turkeys

intro:The turkey is a bird related to the chicken. The turkey is an ancestor of the turkey which is farmed for food in America.


Appearance and classification:
Wild turkey feathers are gold and green they are darker than the Domesticated ones. This helps with camouflage. They have a small bit of flesh under their chin called a wattle and a small bit on the top of their beak. Thay live up to 3 to 5 years. The  male Weighs  from 5kg to 11kg.The  female Weighs from 2.5kg to 5.4kg. 
Habitat:
Turkeys are native to North America.they live in the forest woodlands and open grasslands.they like to roam free but they need trees and bushes to hide in from enemies:
They are very good at hiding.enemies The turkey's enemies are Snakes, crows, opossums, racoons, rats, dogs, coyotes, hawks and owls
food:
Turkeys eat:seeds,nuts,grains,wild berries,insects,frogs,lizards and snails they like them.
Fascinating facts
They are not good at flying. They do not see well in the dark . They are very fast at running they can run 30 kilometres an hour. They can run Faster than a Galloping horse. Wild  turkeys are quieter than domestic ones. They have great eye sight.
Conclusion: I would have never thought to do a turkey In the end is quite fascinating and now I know how domesticated and wild turkeys are completely different.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lily
    Great report on the turkeys. You have covered the brief well of including facts about appearance, habitat, diet and predators. I did not know that the male was that much bigger than the female. What did you learn about them that you found unique?
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post