Pages

Saturday, July 4, 2020

lot's of language features

This week i have been learning language features. we learnt what a simile is and we learnt what a metaphor is and what alliteration is
a simile compare's two thing's using the word {like} or {as}.
E.G.
You were as brave as a lion.
They fought like cats and dogs.
He is as funny as a barrel of monkeys.
This house is as clean as a whistle.
He is as strong as an ox.
Your explanation is as clear as mud.
Watching the show was like watching grass grow.

A metaphor compares two things directly, by saying something is something else.
e.g. The snow is a white blanket. He is a shining star. Her long hair was a flowing golden river. Tom's eyes were ice as he stared at her. The children were flowers grown in concrete gardens. Kisses are the flowers of affection. The falling snowflakes are dancers. The calm lake was a mirror. A Metaphor is usually stronger 
and more specific than simile.
Alliteration is the repetition of consonant letters in a sentence
e.g. Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. A good cook could cook as much cookies as a good cook who could cook cookies.
Black bug bit a big black bear. 
Sheep should sleep in a shed.
I saw a saw that could out saw any other saw I ever saw.
She sells sea shells by the sea shore.
Hope you enjoy my writing!
Did you learn any thing new!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post